Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whitny



I come from a family of three kids. I have two little brothers who are some of my very best friends. Taylor is 19 and Graham is 17. Our family moved around a lot growing up so we really were each others best friends a lot of the time. It was great getting to see all the different places I did growing up and getting to know all the people I did. However I was always a little envious of people who had always stayed in the same place their whole lives.
When I finally found Mr. Cody Telford I was living on my own in Idaho Falls working at a salon. I was really fed up with the dating scene and feeling very discouraged.
My family and some of my friends had suggested that I get online to find a good guy. I was really sceptical of this. I didn't want to be "one of those people". But I finally signed up for LDSSingles.com. I went on a few dates with some guys from the site. Some were very nice, but nothing clicked. Other guys I met on the site were not at all what they had seemed to be. So one night after feeling very fed up with men all together I decided to give it my all and went through all the profiles of the guys on the site. I decided that if I found one I liked I would message them. If anything came of it great.. if not I would end my account. That night on page 32 I found this profile,
  • 27 years old
  • 6' 0" (182 cm) tall
  • Average
  • Brown Hair
  • Blue Eyes
  • Never Married
  • Occupation: Student
  • Graduate Work/Degree
  • 0 Children/ 0 at home
  • Mission: Dominican Republic
  • Regularly Attends Church
  • Endowed, Temple Recommend, Temple Worthy



I'm a farm boy gone engineer. This summer I landed my dream job, I'm on a design team for Polaris, ya the snowmobile and ATV company. I get to design the Ranger RZR, but I've got to come back and finish school, just one more year for a MS in Mechanical Engineering. I love to be outside, snowmobile, dirt bikes, shooting, sports, relaxing, farming and building. I enjoy being around my family and 25 nieces and nephews. I love to laugh and joke around, and I have been told I am pretty easy to get along with. What I value; a testimony, family, education, good conversation. I'm looking for someone I can trust, talk to, and just plain have fun with. I like people that are driven and happy. I'm an upbeat person and like to be around fun people. I'm open minded and love trying new things, I'll give anything at least a shot. (aka online dating)


I then sent him a message. We then emailed back and forth for a few days. I was still very sceptical of him tho and really didn't think anything was going to come of it. Then he asked for my number and surprisingly he did call and he called when he said he was going to. We talked a few times on the phone and then met up in Blackfoot.
The day leading up to our first date I was not nervous at all. But then pulling up to him in the semi I got major butterfly's. He was actually cuter in person. It blew my mind how easy the conversation came. I found myself actually liking him, which at the time freaked me out. I was still worried he might have a skeleton in the closet. That night I went home with the biggest smile on my face. I was so excited when he wanted to see me the next day. I kept waiting for something to be wrong with him, and yet again I couldn't find anything.
After that Saturday night we spent Sunday together at church at a mission homecoming. And still I couldn't find any red flags.
He then went back to Provo and I convinced myself that he didn't like me as much as I liked him and that was the end. But I got a text from him that night and was so excited when he said he wanted me to go home with him the next weekend.
I spent the weekend at the farm, which is where we had our first kiss! It was the sweetest thing that a guy had done for me too. He pulled the car over on the way back to his parents house, in the middle of the night. He turned the the radio up and asked me to dance with him outside! This was the moment where I think I even said out loud are you real? I had never met a man like him before and I was hooked after that.
He shortly after left to MN, which I was a little sad about because I thought I was never going to see him again. But he eventually called me and to my surprise was telling me how much he missed me. We then talked for hours over the phone.
After a few weeks he wanted to fly me out to see him in MN. I was really nervous and excited! Before I went out there I had been talking to my mom about him and she looked at me and asked if i loved Cody?! It was then that I realized I did. I was so scared I was going to get to MN and say these words to him before he ever said them to me!
Well the morning I finally got to MN he sweetly told me he loved me! I was so shocked these words came out of this man's mouth. He was such a sceptic of relationships and love, it floored me! After wrapping my head around it I told him I felt the same way too.
The weekend in MN was so perfect I didn't want to go home! Then it was back to phone conversations and late nights on skype. I learned so much about him over such a short time. My love grew for him with every conversation we had. He was slowly becoming my very best friend.
We then saw each other two more times before heading back home to Idaho falls.
I never thought that Heavenly Father would answer my prayers so quickly and perfectly. I guess you should never underestimate him. Cody is everything I was asking and hoping for. He really is the answer to my prayers. I am so excited to be sealed to him on Nov. 4th!:)



2 comments:

  1. You guys are cute :) I loved reading both sides of the story. Good luck with the wedding...I'm sure you guys are going to be so happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling blog you guys! It is going to be the beginning of forever really soon! Yea! We are so excited to have Whitny in our family.....and it will be nice to have Cody married off! Just teasing! We love you both!

    ReplyDelete